Date: March 18, 2019 (Monday)
Venue: LBY301, 3/F., B Y Lam Building
Registration link: https://www.ln.edu.hk/sys/regbuilder/registration/1819_LTDP_Unit6
The participants should have learnt from online resources about internationalizing the educational experience, including the incorporation of international and intercultural design, prior to attending this workshop.
During the workshop, participants would brainstorm different strategies to solve potential internationalisations problems to fully experience the flipped classroom strategy.
At the second half of the workshop, participants would learn teaching excellence criteria, how to write teaching philosophy and what artifacts to be selected for creating teaching portfolios.
- Describe the principles of internationalisation;
- Discuss the value of internationalisation initiatives at Lingnan University;
- Apply possible internationalisation strategies and approaches to learning and teaching practices;
- Analyse the advantages and disadvantages of flipped classroom;
- Recognise the criteria for teaching excellence embraced and promoted by UGC; and
- Critique the value of a teaching portfolio and identify appropriate items to be included.