Date: November 12, 2018 (Monday)
Venue: LBY301, 3/F., B Y Lam Building
Registration link: https://www.ln.edu.hk/sys/regbuilder/publish/1819_LTDP_Unit3
This workshop introduces the concept of OBATL and how to create a syllabus based around student learning outcomes. The workshop examines the approach and benefits of adopting an outcomes-based approach in learning, teaching and assessment.
A hands-on experience of creating an assessment rubric and an outline/syllabus will also be included.
- Describe the concept of OBATL;
- Design effective learning outcomes to enhance students’ learning;
- Revise/write a course outline/syllabus using the online template to enhance learning, teaching and assessment;
- Differentiate between norm-referenced assessment and criterion-referenced assessment (CRA);
- Create an assessment rubric.