For Staff Members
In order to prevent and detect students from plagiarism, Turnitin, a plagiarism detection program incorporated in Moodle, has been instituted as a mandatory platform for submitting writing assignments for all courses at Lingnan, starting from Term 2, 2016-17.
Teachers are required to create writing assignments of their courses with Turnitin for students’ submission. Here below are some related resources:
· How to create assignments with Turnitin (link)
· How to read Turnitin originality reports (link)
· Workshop on Plagiarism and Turnitin (video recording) (link)
· Hands-on Guide #1 – Turnitin, Plagiarism and Assessment (link)
· Focus on Learning #1 – Plagiarism: A Guide for Educators [PDF download] (link)
· TurnItIn official Instructor Manual (link)
Online Tutorial on Plagiarism Awareness (link)
Although only the new undergraduate students starting from 2016-17 intake are required to complete the tutorial, all students are encouraged to study the materials and can retrieve the materials as many times as necessary.
Other Useful Resources:
- So you don’t want to plagiarize…what do you do?
- What is Plagiarism and how to avoid it (Short video by HKBU)
- Plagiarism – what it is and how to avoid it
Turnitin and Moodle: ITSC (Tel: 2616-7995, email: email@example.com)