Teaching Excellence Awards Scheme (TEAS) 2019/2020
The Teaching Excellence Awards Scheme (TEAS) is established to recognize and reward distinguished teachers of Lingnan University who have demonstrated outstanding performance in teaching. The scheme also confirms the University’s commitment to:
- developing a culture of high quality teaching and excellence among academic staff;
- acknowledging the importance of quality teaching for improving student learning outcomes;
- improving the student learning experience;
- acknowledging innovative and creative teaching; and
- promoting teaching as a scholarly activity.
- There are three categories under the Scheme:
- Teaching Excellence Award (Individual)
- Teams Teaching Excellence Award
- Outstanding Teaching Award for Early Career Faculty (Individual)
- There will be up to 4 awards in a year to be considered.
- The Teaching Excellence Award recipient (both an individual or a team) will receive a cash reward of HK$20,000 and a gift. The Early Career Faculty will receive a cash award of HK$$10,000 and a certificate. The names of the individual recipients (including recipient of Early Career Faculty Award) and the name of the team and its members will be engraved on a plaque display placed in a prominent site on the campus. Certificates of merit will also be given to shortlisted candidates in recognition of their outstanding teaching. All the awards, gifts and certificates will be presented at an awards presentation ceremony.
- Souvenirs will also be given to nominators of the TEAS winner(s) in appreciation of their nominations.
|Students:||5 students of any combinations of undergraduates and postgraduates of Lingnan|
|Alumni:||3 alumni of Lingnan|
|Staff member:||1 full-time academic staff member|
|Oct 2019 – Jan 2020|| To receive nominations and applications:
Nomination deadline: 29 Nov 2019
Application deadline: 17 Jan 2020
|Feb – Mar 2020||To commence selection|
|Apr – May 2020||To announce results|
|1st term of 2020/21||To present awards|
For details, please refer to the Guidelines. Nomination and application forms can be obtained from the TLC, 2/F, B.Y. Lam Building or download from below. For enquiry, please contact the TLC: 2616 7576 / 2616 7581 (tel), firstname.lastname@example.org (email).